Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Birds Eye View (Scrapbook)

Hello again!  Today I have a scrapbook page to show you that I love!  I don'tI usually love my pages and typically feel like my layouts look so 'novice' compared to the awesome Garden Girls and other great scrappers.  However, this project was so much fun and I think it turned out awesome in the end. 
 
It was made in response to Wilna Furstenburg' Mood to Scrap challenge to use the impasto paint technique.  This is a technique where you put paint on very thickly like you can see HERE.  I thought it was a real challenge .. which tends to inspire my creativity the most. 
 
 
I started out by stamping this Stupendous image onto watercolour paper.  Then I layered the paint on - thick!  It was so much fun!  I also did some watercolour painting on the rest of the page.  I also like how that turned out and might need to try that one again.
 
 I used my hobby knife to cut out parts of the painted image to slip my photos and some embellishments behind it.  I totally used the second layout in this Glitter Girl video seen HERE as my layout inspiration.   

 
What fun!  I love when there is a challenge that is really 'out there'!
See you again soon,
Donelda
 
 
Thanks for visiting. 
Donelda

2 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

I see why you love it, I do to, it is a beautiful page.

Lindsey said...

Okay, this is a total WOW, Donelda! he colours and technique (not to mention the photos) -- complete artistic package!