Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Buddy (scrapbooking)

Hello!  I have a new scrapbook page to share with you today! 
 
This page came together for a challenge from 2 peas.  Dear Lizzy challenged us to use a painted ombre technique.  If ombre is new to you, it means "dark to light" and is very popular right now in the scrapbooking world.  I love it! 
 
For my ombre, I pulled out my twinkling H2Os.  Love them.  I used watercolour paper and cut it into 4 strips.  Painted the colours being sure to make them dark at one end and light at the other.  This became the bottom portion of my layout.
 
 
Then I added my 3 black and white photos (isn't he the cutest!) and a whole bunch of black and white embellishments!  I really like that swirly flourish at the bottome - it is from the For the Record sticker sheet (Lilly Bee). 

 
 Why don't you give ombre a try?!  Either use one of the many products already out there with this effect (papers, stickers, tags, brads, etc.)... or create your own like I did!  If you do, I'd love to see it!  Leave me a link.
 
Thanks for dropping by,
Donelda
 

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Cute page. Love those photos and I love the design. Great job!

HNME Reunion said...

From a fellow Twinkling H2O fan... very effective! Lovely layout, of course.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! I love the colorblocking and of course the sweet photos :)